Monday, March 2, 2015

Types of Breast Cancer: ER Positive, HER2 Positive, and Triple Negative


Types of Breast Cancer
Types of Breast Cancer

HER2-Positive Breast Cancer continued
For women with HER2-positive breast cancers, the drug Herceptin has been shown to dramatically reduce the risk of recurrence. It has now become standard treatment to give Herceptin along with adjuvant (after-surgery) chemotherapy in those with metastatic breast cancer. Another drug, Tykerb, is often given for metastatic cancer if Herceptin fails. Kadcyla is another drug that can be given after Herceptin and a class of chemotherapy drugs called taxanes, which are commonly used to treat breast cancer.

Herceptin has far fewer immediate side effects than chemotherapy, for example, there is usually no nausea or hair loss. However, there is a small but real risk of heart damage and possible lung damage. Scientists are still studying how long women should take Herceptin for the greatest benefit.
An intravenous treatment called Perjeta is also approved for late-stage HER2-positive breast cancer. In one study, Perjeta was shown to extend life when given in combination with Herceptin.

HER2 Breast Cancer


Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
Some breast cancers, estimates range between 10% and 17% -- are known as “triple negative” because they lack estrogen and progesterone receptors and do not overexpress the HER2 protein. The majority of breast cancers associated with the breast cancer gene known as BRCA1 are triple negative.

These cancers generally respond well to adjuvant chemotherapy. Overall, however, they have a poorer prognosis than other types of breast cancer. So far, no targeted therapies like tamoxifen or Herceptin have been developed to help prevent recurrence in women with triple-negative breast cancer. Cancer experts are studying several promising targeted strategies aimed at triple-negative breast cancer.

Source: Breast Cancer

1 comments:

Celia Dave said...

I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August 2010. A valuable friend told me about Dr. Itua Herbal Center in West Africa. She gave me her phone number and email address. I quickly contacted him to guarantee that his herbal medicines will heal my cancer and I will heal forever I said OK.I ask him what is the healing process, he asks me to pay the fees I did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine and then he asked me I told my friend Gomez about the herbal drug so that he gave me to go and drink it.So after drinking for two weeks, I was cured, I am so grateful and I promise that I will do it I recommend to anyone who has cancer and that that I am doing. Herbal medicine Dr. Itua makes me believe that there is hope for people with Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, scoliosis, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, kidney cancer. , Leukemia, lung cancer, skin cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer Fibromyalgia,Fibrodysplasia Syndrome, Epilepsy,Sclerosis sickness, Dupuytren's Disease, Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's Disease, Lupus, Adrenocortic Carcinoma.Asthma, Allergic Diseases.HIV Help, Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphomaIntestinal cancer,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumorsNon-Hodgkin lymphoma,Cervical Cancer,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Meniere's disease,Thyroid Cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancerHIV Aids, Herpes, Disease Chronic inflammatory, Memory disorder, Here is his contact information ...... [Email ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. Whatsapp ... + 2348149277967

Post a Comment

◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►