Monday, March 2, 2015

Adjuvant Therapy for HER2-Positive Breast Cancer


HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
HER2-Positive Breast Cancer

Overexpression of HER2 occurs in approximately 20% of breast cancers and was correlated with a more aggressive phenotype and worse prognosis before the development of HER2-targeted therapies. The advent of trastuzumab, a monoclonal antibody (mAb) targeting the extracellular domain of the receptor, has changed the treatment paradigm for HER2-positive breast cancer. Trastuzumab has a powerful synergism with a variety of chemotherapeutics, yet lacks the side effects (with the notable exception of cardiotoxicity, which means it generally should not be given with anthracyclines).

Results are available from studies (HERA, FinHer, NSABP B-31, BCIRG006, N9831) that have demonstrated that the inclusion of trastuzumab produces roughly a 50% improvement in disease-free survival and 33% improvement in overall survival, regardless of the chemotherapy regimen or sequence of trastuzumab delivery. These trials randomized 11,650 women with early-stage HER2-positive breast cancer to trastuzumab versus non-trastuzumab-based adjuvant chemotherapy, and based on their results, trastuzumab was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of HER2-positive disease in the adjuvant setting.

Another study from the BCIRG006 further established that adjuvant trastuzumab for 1 year improved disease-free and overall survival among women with early-stage HER2-positive breast cancer at 5 years, and found that a nonanthracycline regimen plus trastuzumab had a more favorable risk-benefit ratio than anthracycline-based regimens due to similar efficacy, fewer acute toxic effects, and lower risks of cardiotoxicity and leukemia.

HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
A study that evaluated the efficacy of lapatinib in HER2-negative and HER2-uncharacterized metastatic breast cancer concluded that although patients with HER2-negative or HER2-untested metastatic breast cancer did not experience benefit from the addition of lapatinib to paclitaxel, first-line therapy with paclitaxel-lapatinib significantly improved clinical outcomes in patients who were HER2-positive.

Baselga et al reported that adding pertuzumab to traditional therapy with trastuzumab and docetaxel improved disease-free survival time in patients with HER2- positive metatstatic breast cancer.
Pertuzumab gained approvals for neoadjuvant treatment in combination with trastuzumab and docetaxel for patients with HER2-positive, locally advanced, inflammatory, or early stage breast cancer.

Source: HER2-Positive Breast Cancer

2 comments:

Celia Dave said...

I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August 2010. A valuable friend told me about Dr. Itua Herbal Center in West Africa. She gave me her phone number and email address. I quickly contacted him to guarantee that his herbal medicines will heal my cancer and I will heal forever I said OK.I ask him what is the healing process, he asks me to pay the fees I did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine and then he asked me I told my friend Gomez about the herbal drug so that he gave me to go and drink it.So after drinking for two weeks, I was cured, I am so grateful and I promise that I will do it I recommend to anyone who has cancer and that that I am doing. Herbal medicine Dr. Itua makes me believe that there is hope for people with Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, scoliosis, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, kidney cancer. , Leukemia, lung cancer, skin cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer Fibromyalgia,Fibrodysplasia Syndrome, Epilepsy,Sclerosis sickness, Dupuytren's Disease, Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's Disease, Lupus, Adrenocortic Carcinoma.Asthma, Allergic Diseases.HIV Help, Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphomaIntestinal cancer,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumorsNon-Hodgkin lymphoma,Cervical Cancer,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Meniere's disease,Thyroid Cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancerHIV Aids, Herpes, Disease Chronic inflammatory, Memory disorder, Here is his contact information ...... [Email ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. Whatsapp ... + 2348149277967

Unknown said...

dr itua healing herbs the worst moment has passed, however, it is true that there are more improvements than before… due to the growing number of people living with hiv in the state of nevada. How could they stigmatize them all? then everything becomes a little easier and we begin to share everything... We also began to invite each other and visit each other in the community. You know, it's been six years since I started taking antiretroviral drugs… However, regardless of the problems I faced, the worst moment was when my mother evicted me from the family home, and my father rented me a small room. but my mother and my brothers believed that having hiv was my fault and that I deserved to be punished… I also considered myself unworthy and hopeless… but I have a son and eventually I convinced myself to live for my son's reason. my mother didn't know anything [about hiv]. She didn't understand anything. You know why? she did not have [the opportunity] to leave the house and communicate with society. However, my father interacts with the community. I know that his friends are mature and dignified in Africa America. so he has a better understanding than her. my father came to call me one sad day sitting on my sofa about a friend of his from africa who introduced him to dr itua herbal cure in africa in which he advised me that we should buy his herbal medicine to cure my hiv, so we did and dr itua prescribed me that i should take the herbal medicine for two weeks to cure myself, although we were very curious about the whole thing, i finished the herbal medicine as he advised, then he told me to visit the nearest clinic for a check up i did and now i am totally cured of hiv my father was my rock and me and my family are now happy together too dr itua has been helpful in my community since he cured my hiv and tinnitus so why do i quit my story here today is to get someone here to hope in god and never give up no matter what situation you are facing especially during this pandemic season which has really taught us all how we should s help each other and appreciate each other. dr itua cures the following diseases... herpes, liver cancer, throat cancer, leukemia. , alzheimer's disease, chronic diarrhea, cop, parkinson's, als, infectious mononucleosis adrenocortical carcinoma. bowel cancer, uterine cancer, fibroid, bladder cancer, HIV, esophageal cancer, gallbladder cancer, kidney cancer, HPV, lung cancer, melanoma, mesothelioma, multiple myeloma, oral cancer, sinus cancer, hepatitis a, b/c, skin cancer, soft tissue sarcoma, spinal cancer, stomach cancer, vaginal cancer, tinnitus, vulvar cancer, testicular cancer, thyroid cancer. you can contact dritua herbal center at email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com .www.drituaherbalcenter.com.

Post a Comment

◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►